I'm not going to have to twist your arm on this one! This recipe is so delicious, you won't even believe how healthy it is for you. I'm all about any recipe that I can throw in a blender and call it a day, especially if it's a dessert that saves me when I need my chocolate fix. The fact that it's actually healthy and healing is just the cherry on top! Mmmmm, cherry. What makes this so healthy? Just 2 simple ingredients. Chai seeds and Cacao powder. These 2 superfoods should be a constant in your diet. Chia seeds are full of Omega -3s, fiber, protein and antioxidants. Cacao had 40x the antioxidants of blueberries, is the highest plant-based source of iron, has more calcium than cows milk, is a natural mood enhancer/anti-depressant, and is an excellent source of magnesium. What more do you need?! On that note, here it is!!
If you'd like to watch the video on how to make this, click here
1 1/2 cups oat milk (sub any other non-dairy milk)
1/2 cup chia seeds (I use this brand)
2 tbsp cacao powder (I use this brand)
2 heaping tbsp of peanut butter (I love this brand)
3 tbsp maple syrup, more if you desire more sweetness
1 tbsp vanilla
pinch of sea salt
1. Place chia seeds in your vitamix or food processor and blend for about 15 seconds to form ground chia seeds.
2. Add all other ingredients to blender.
3. Blend for about 1 min, scraping down sides until smooth.
4. Put in cup or bowl with a dollop of peanut butter on top. Serve.
5. Store in a jar, covered for up to 4 days.